Frank Kabel

Hi
typical cause would be that either you're searching for a numeric but the
lookup list is stored as 'Text' or vice versa. You may post your exact
formula and the values which do not work

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chris Kellock wrote:
I have made several worksheets for lookup up pricing for our various
product lines. These sheets look up a description, list price, and
my cost in another worksheet (in the same XLS file) based on the part
number I enter on the first sheet. The list on the second page has
been assigned a name, and I'm using VLOOKUP to find the part number
in that range, and then return the values into my original sheet.
The list is sorted alphabetically by the part number. I can send the
file is someone can help!

My problem is that if the lookup list has over about 5,000 items, the
results of the VLOOKUP are intermittent. I can actually copy and
paste a value from the list into my sheet and it won't look up. Some
of my price lists are over 15,000 items.

Does anyone have any experience with VLOOKUP not working in a large
list? How about any ideas of how to make it work more reliably. I
have one sheet I'm trying to make that I expect to have about 50,000
items in it. I desperately need to get this worksheet working.
Please help!