Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

Default Remove first few characters

For safety reasons make a backup copy!
Enter this formula in the first line of an empty helper column:
=MID(A1,10,255)
Fill down as necessary!

Select the helper column/Copy
Select column A/pastespecial-values
Clear helper column!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛coa01gsb€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi All,

I need to remove the first 9 chracters in every cell of column A of my
spreadsheet. What's the best way to do that?

My spreadsheet is currently huge, lots of data, graphs, functions and
defined names, all of which make it quite slow to load and manipulate.
I would like to avoid if possible making this too much worse. Not sure
if that will change the suggested best solution to my question above.

All help is much appreciated

--
coa01gsb
coa01gsb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31214