Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dup

Default How do I print a whole excel file in colour when the default i

OK

Thanks to you

But, is it normal that when I print 'Entire Workbook', only the first sheet
use the printing options that I have specified, and other sheet with default
printing options ?

"BizMark" wrote:

This is because Excel flushes all print-job specific settings between
sheets, even when in a group selection. This is evidenced in another
way that users of Adobe Acrobat will know. If you select a group of
sheets and print to PDFWriter, you get asked for a filename for each
SHEET (not just for one filename and then it prints all sheets to that
same file). Therefore, each sheet is being sent as a separate job,
just that Excel automatically sends all the jobs at once when in a
group selection.

However, there is no way to stop the Printer Preferences getting in the
way between the jobs - so whatever you have set over and above that in
Properties will only hold for the first sheet in the selection.

It's not a bug as such because that's what you would expect to happen
if printing the sheets separately anyway; it's just that Microsoft have
obviously never got around to making group selections spool to print as
if they were one job - probaby because there are too many counters,
pointers, indexes and handles calculated and incremented whilst
rendering one worksheet to the spooler to allow other worksheets to
follow on in the same job. Probably too demanding memory and resources
wise.

However, I agree that it is annoying. It is possible to write VBA
routines that use a load of SendKeys to access the printer properties
box, get to the settings required and change them (manufacturer
permitting), looping this after selecting each sheet in the book
individually to print, but it would be of no use posting an example
here for one printer, because for another model (even same
manufacturer), the whole SendKeys string will almost always need to be
different.

--
BizMark