Philip Reece-Heal

By default Louise Vlookup gives an approximate match, i.e. if it cant find
exact match it gives what it thinks is nearest. To overcome this, at the end
of the Vlookup formula, and within the brackets type ",false" without the
inverted commas.

I.e. Vlookup(mynumber, Column A, 3,false)

Hope that helps

Happy Christmas

Philip

"Louise" wrote in message
I have created a VLookUp table that looks at Column A in one workbook,
compares it to another column in the LookUp table and if the values are
the
same, it returns a value from one of the other columns - Column D - the
third
column in the LookUp.

The actual LookUp works fine and where there are identical matches, it
returns the correct value. However, even when the values in the LookUp
table
and the other workbook do not match, it returns a figure and I don't know
why. I don't know where the figure has come from and how Excel has
arrived
at it?

Does anybody have any ideas how this has happened?

THank you.

Louise