Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Convert text strings to a code or number

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:11:27 -0800, MaxNY23
wrote:

I can't mark thousands of rows every month, I want Excel do do the
marking/matching via a formula or macro.

Anything else?

You did not indicate HOW you wanted the duplicates to be marked, so I gave you
a general solution to detect duplicates.

If you are not able to apply that information to your problem, then you will
need to be more detailed in explaining, the sentence you wrote:

"I need something that shows "TomBill" and "BillTom" are the same thing, just
in a different order.

exactly what you mean by "SHOWS".

If you apply the formula I gave you as a conditional format formula, you could
format your duplicates differently from the non-duplicates. To me, this is one
way of "SHOW"ing that various entries have been duplicated.

I guess you mean something else by "SHOWS" but you'll have to be more specific.

--ron