Louise

Default VLookUp

I have created a VLookUp table that looks at Column A in one workbook,
compares it to another column in the LookUp table and if the values are the
same, it returns a value from one of the other columns - Column D - the third
column in the LookUp.

The actual LookUp works fine and where there are identical matches, it
returns the correct value. However, even when the values in the LookUp table
and the other workbook do not match, it returns a figure and I don't know
why. I don't know where the figure has come from and how Excel has arrived
at it?

Does anybody have any ideas how this has happened?

THank you.

Louise