Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege

Default Date comparison

"Darkdrew" wrote in message
I am trying to come up with a formula to compare 2 dates and highlight the
cell if a certain result is reached. Here is the logic:
IF RC[-2]-RC[-8]=3
IF RC[-8]<Thursday
IF RC[-8]<Friday
HIGHLIGHT RC[-1]
ENDIF
ENDIF
ELSE
IF RC[-2]-RC[-8]=5
IF RC[-8]<Monday
IF RC[-8]<Tuesday
IF RC[-8]<Wednesday
HIGHLIGHT RC[-1]
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ELSE
HIGHLIGHT RC[-1]
ENDIF

It's been a while since my SPL class, so please excuse the mistakes. For
non-programmers:
I want to subtract 2 dates. If the result is 3 but the second cell's date
is not a Thursday or Friday, to highlight it. If the result is 5 but the
second cell's date is not Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, to highlight it.
If
there are any other results, highlight it.

Note: I am using the R1C1 reference style.

Darkdrew,

To start with

Formula to subract two dates, resuting in days:

=TEXT(RC[-1]-RC[-2],"D")

In conditional Formatting use
=AND(RC="3",NOT(OR(TEXT(RC[-1],"DDDD")="Thursday",TEXT(RC[-1],"DDDD")="Friday")))

Format for highlighting

The rest is up to you...

Beege