Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MaxNY23

Default Convert text strings to a code or number

In column A and B I have text representing an Entity and its Intercompany,
respectively. In column C I have concatenated the two. So now in Column C,
for example, I have "BillTom" in row 1 and "TomBill" in row 900.

I need Excel to convert the text into some sort of code, ASCII or number
that shows they are EQUAL. I need something that shows "TomBill" and
"BillTom" are the same thing, just in a different order.

I cannot build an IF formula or use Find/Replace, as I will have thousands
of these types of combinations.

Thanks!