Peo Sjoblom

If you want cell A1 to have a hyperlink direct to the web address in B1 you
need to select existing file or webpage in the dialogue window that opens.
You can also use the hyperlink formula and refer to the web address in the
adjacent cells, that would probably be faster for multiple links since you
could just copy it down

=HYPERLINK(B1,12345)

where 12345 is the item number

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"confused on the tundra" wrote:

I need to create a hyperlink to a URL address that is in another cell
A1:A10 have items numbers and B1:B10 have the corrosponding web page that
has a description of that item, i.e. B1 has a URL to a describtion of the
item in A1.
I wan to have A1:A10 be hyperlinked to the corrasponding link in B1:B10. I
have tried copying the URL address in B1, highlighting
A1--insert--hyperlink, but I can not paste the address into the box that
asks for the address. I though I could do a macro to do all of them but
apparentlly not. I have over a thousand to do, is there a automated way to do
this?