Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
B. R.Ramachandran

Default Trying to find out a solution for a complex formula

Hi,

Try the following formula:

=SUM(INDIRECT("Actuals!B"&MATCH(B1,Actuals!A1:A16, 0)-6):INDIRECT("Actuals!B"&MATCH(A1,Actuals!A1:A16,0) ))

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Weasel" wrote:

I've working with two different sheets in the same workbook. The first
sheet is called "main flash" and the second is called "actuals". The
"main flash sheet is basically just a cover page the has totals for a
day, week, month, a year. The "actuals" sheet has all of the numbers.
My "actuals" sheet looks like this:

Code:
--------------------

Column A

Date Sales
3/11 10
3/12 15
3/13 10
3/14 20
3/15 30
3/16 20
3/17 30
Total 135
3/18 20
3/19 10
3/20 25
3/21 20
3/22 15
3/23 20
3/24 30
Total 140

--------------------

The Total's listed are for each week. In my "main flash" sheet I've got
the date I want information from as well as the last day of that week.
So for example today I have 3/22/06 listed in cell A1 and 3/24/06
listed in cell B1.

What I'm hoping to do is have a cell in my "main flash" sheet display
the total sales for the week from the start of the week up until the
date listed in A1. So for example since I have 3/22/06 listed in the
daily date and 3/24/06 listed in the weekly end date the formula would
need to display the value of 3/18 (the start of the week) threw
3/22/06. So that would be 20+10+25+20+15 for a value of 90. Another
example would be if I changed the daily date to 3/13/06 and the weekly
end date to 3/17/06 the value would be 35 (10+15+10).

If anyone can help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

--
Weasel
Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27206