Default Array Manipulation

Does anyone have a method to do the following with arrays:

1) I have 2 series of 1 x n values
2) I difference the 2 series using arrays
(e.g. In cell C1 : {=A1:A10 - B1:B10}

So let's assume that A1 through A10 hold the following values
and B1 through B10 hold the second set of values - then the resulting
array values a

10 1 = 9
9 2 = 7
8 1 = 7
7 3 = 4
6 1 = 5
5 1 = 4
4 2 = 2
3 1 = 2
2 2 = 0
1 0 = 1

Now what I'd like to do is create a new array that has only a subset of
this original. In particular, what I'd like is an
array that has all the values but the first.

Right now I have the entire array in a single cell and I'd like to keep
it that way to reduce real estate on the spreadsheet - thoughts?