Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dummies isn't any good

Default removing automatic link

Just want to say thanks for this info, it really helped me out and will stop
much moaning coming my way!

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Chart ranges (ie the source data) is also another place that those damn
links can hide.

If it really winds you up then by all means fire me over a copy of the
workbook and i'll find it for you - need to take the NOSPAM out of my email
addy.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Graham Poole" <Graham wrote in message
I have tried this but the macro gave no response. I didn't knowingly place

link in the wb and I don't know where it is. I have tried replacing the
source with another wb having a specific string in each cell and then

looking
for the string. I couldn't find it.

I have enabled macros. What response is the macro supposed to give.

"Billing goddess" wrote:

Thank you, David, you're directions were great and it worked just fine!

Paula

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Before or after installing it ?

To install first unzip the file into a folder. If you don't have a

program
to unzip then you can get one free for home use here
http://www.ultimatezip.com

There will probably be instructions, if not, Tools, Addins, but you

will have an .xla file
which you can install by going to Tools, Addins, Browse button
to locate your addin. If you put your addin in one of the folders

indicated in
the help for the the Browse button is would already be listed, check

the box
and your addin is installed.

I believe the initial find is set up for #REF! which is a broken

link
print appropriate button. I think there is the ability to look at a

summary
listing rather than anwering to delete each link or not as

encountered.

---
HTH,

"Billing Goddess" <Billing wrote in

message
Thank you, but I am not sure how this add in works? Can you assist?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try the following add-in to find/delete links:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount...e=FindLink.zip

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks

can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office

2000...