Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Conditional Formula - No array

Hi Rob

Your suggested formula is looking to see if the value from Worksheet2!A1
occurs anywhere within column A of Worksheet1 and the word "HERE"
appears anywhere in column B of Worksheet1.
From your description it sounds as though what you are really looking
for is
whether A1 of Sheet1 = A1 of Sheet2 and B1 of Sheet1 = "Here"
and so on down the column.

If I have understood you correctly therefore, your Conditional
Formatting formula should be
=AND(Worksheet1!$A1=Worksheet2!$A1, Worksheet1!$B1="HERE")
Because the row reference are relative, the check will refer to each row
in turn the CF is applies to.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"systemx" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

Probably a relatively simple question - I'm hoping someone can help.

Basically, I want to write a conditional formula without using an
array.

Something like -

COUNT IF 'worksheet1' A:A = 'worksheet2' A1 AND 'worksheet1' B:B =
"HERE".

I have been playing around with this for some time, and have had
little
success. The multiple argument seems to throw me out...in addition
there
are currently 1500 rows of data (and growing) so there will be many
occurences of the 'worksheet2' A1 value on worksheet 1.

So basically, the formula will go through each row of data, check to
see if two values match, if they do, check the third value is 'HERE' -
and count +1.

I realise I could use a sumproduct formula - but because of the amount
of data performance loss is terrible so this is not a viable option.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Rob

--