Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nander

Default How to organize data and use VLOOKUP

I have an flyer quiz incentive program that works like this.
$10 per participant per month in a monthly pool
$10 per participant per quarter in a quarterly pool.
$10 if someone gets a perfect score (if 2 people get a perfect score
they split the monthly pot and the $10.)
The quarterly pot goes to the employee(s) with the highest quarterly
score.
Each month there's a prize for the highest monthly score and each
quarter ther's an additional prize for the highest quarterly prize. For
example, if I had 3 employees each month participate, the monthly prize
would be $30. ($10X3), the quarterly prize would be $90 ($10x3x3).

I'd like some help organizing the data in the worksheet. I've attached
the spreadsheet. What I'd like to do is use VLOOKUP in the Winner range
looking at the scores in the TEST SCORE range using the criteria above.
If an employee does not participate the Pot decreases. I'd like the
Winner appear with the amount he will receive. If there is a tie the
amounts are split among the winner(s). Thanks

|Filename: FLYER QUIZZ.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4497 |

nander
nander's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6156