Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Default Number of days left in the Month?

Hi Elf,

Slightly less complicated:

=DAY(EOMONTH(A1,0))-DAY(A1)

This needs Analysis Toolpak to be installed. If you get a #NAME error:

ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"elfmajesty" wrote in message ...
Hello!

I need to write a formula that will calculate how many days are left in a
specific month and can't seem to get a working one. Seems like it should be
relatively easy.

Example:

Cell A1 contains date of 03/09/98.
I need cell B1 to contain the resulting number as 22 days remaining.

Cell A2 contains date of 04/03/98
Cell B2 should contain the resulting number as 27 days remaining.

I tried this:
=(DAY(DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,0))-(DAY(A2)))
Which actually works, but I was just wondering if there was a less
complicated way? Trying to explain this one to the person requesting the
spreadsheet may not be the easiest of jobs and I know I'll get questioned on
it.

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers,
Elf