Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sbrimley

Default print area selection slows excel, formula for hiding rows??

I have very large data sheets that I need to print out and at times I would
only like certain rows to print. When I go to page setup and select the rows
I want and I have seperate ranges that I would like printed it slows the
whole excel sheet down. It take several minutes for the workbook to respond
to a simple command. Is there a fix for this? If not I am thinking I could
hide the rows, but would like it automatic.

Here is an example fo what I am trying to
I will need the first 30 rows to be printed, the next 30 rows are blank and
I dont want them printed, but I dont want to delete them because they will
eventually have data filled in. Then I have about another 10 rows that total
all my data. Is there a formula or a setting that will automatically hide
the rows I do not want printed and move my bottom totaling rows up to be
printed on the same page.

I am using Excel 2003
Thanks Suzanne