Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default Use criteria for values in range for small function

For the min value that is not zero, use the array formula

=MIN(IF(A1:A50,A1:A5))

To enter an array formula, commit it with Shift-Ctrl-Enter

"like2hike" wrote:

I have a range (a1:a5) with values such as:

0, 5, 25, 0, 3

I want to pick the smallest value other than zero because I will use that
number to divide by and do not want the #DIV/0! error. However, the initial
state of the spreadsheet will have a range of:

0,0,0,0,0,0

How can I have the spreadsheet display some text until data is entered into
the spreadsheet?