Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Count Blanks in a Filtered Column

Clarification:

That doesn't work.........

If the cells are EMPTY, it does work if the cells have formula BLANKS.

Don't know whether the OP meant "blank" or empty.

How would you count EMPTY cells? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
That doesn't work. Result = 0, unfiltered or filtered. I tried that
formula (along with many other variations) earlier.

Typo in the formula, one too many ")"

ROW(B5)),,1))

ROW(B5),,1))

Biff

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote in message
Assuming that the secret column range is B5:B200...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B5:B200,ROW(B5:B200)-ROW(B5)),,1)),--(B5:B200=""))

Gos-C wrote:
Hi,

Is there a function to count blanks in a filtered column? That is, if
I filter a column to show the rows that are blank, can I use the
subtotal function (or some other) to count the number of blanks?

Thanks,
Gos-C