Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tim

Default X axis scale on an XY scatter plot

Hi all,

I have created an XY scatter plot with date values on the x axis, the
problem is that my data starts in 1971 yet the x axis goes back to
1900. I cannot access the check box to make the x axis time scale as it
is greyed out in the chart options form.

I have made a bit of a mess of describing my problem but if anyone has
come accross this before or knows how to get an XY scatterplot to
automatically start its x axis values with the minimum x value given to
it, I would be grateful.

I can fix this using vba but I would rather not.

Regards,

Tim