Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

Default Count Blanks in a Filtered Column

I couldn't find a direct way of doing that, but I think you may be able to
compute it:

Assuming your entire table is in A2:B7 and Column A of data contains some
sort of unique identifier (basically - it is a column that is guaranteed not
to be blank so that we can get a count of the total number of visible cells
after filtering) and Column B contains the data that may have blanks in it, I
believe you can use

=SUBTOTAL(3,A2:A7)-SUBTOTAL(3,B2:B7)

It seems that SUBTOTAL(3,B2:B7) will return a count of all items in column B
that are visible and NOT empty/blank. Therefore, subtracting this from the
total number of visible cells in Column A would give you the number of empty
cells in column B that are visible.

"Gos-C" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a function to count blanks in a filtered column? That is, if
I filter a column to show the rows that are blank, can I use the
subtotal function (or some other) to count the number of blanks?

Thanks,
Gos-C

--
Gos-C