Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Cell value from another worksheet

You're welcome, Excelplate !

.. I type in =t9 press enter and it returns =t9
the next cell to it returns the correct value strange ..

Probably the cell was inadvertently formatted as TEXT before the formula was
entered ? One way to restore is to re-format the cell as General/Number
(via Format Cells), then re-enter the formula.
--
Max
Singapore
"Excelplate" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Max

And from Singapore WOW!
I am from the UK
Thank you so much for your input. I will try your recomendation
tonight.
In the mean time I put =t9 to call up the depot code and tried to work
out how to reference that cells content eg "AB" IN the cell below to
call up the address details below from worksheet depfind.

One thing I did discover, because I think trying so many different
combinations in cell t9 VLOOKUP, FIND etc, etc. I type in =t9 press
enter and it returns =t9 the next cell to it returns the correct value
strange Huh have you ever had that one?

I will keep you posted through the group

Best Regards

Excelplate