Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Memnok

Default Formula/function that checks for a set of values.

Hi

Select your columns, say A through to G, then go to Format/Conditional
Formatting. Select Formula Is and try this:
=OR(COUNTIF(A$2:A$100,"E")=0,COUNTIF(A$2:A$100,"D" )=0,COUNTIF(A$2:A$100,"N")=0)

Hope this helps.
Andy.
[/color]

Andy, thanks, I think we are on the right track! I was not sure it
this was possible. I went into the schedule and highlighted the range
that I wanted the formula to check and applied it in the Conditional
Formatting screen. I had the format fill with yellow. The only
problem is that it highlights the column next to (to the right of) a
column without a value of “E” “N” and “D” preset.

I uploaded my experimental schedule to
http://home.pacbell.net/memnok/Schedule.xls

Maybe you could take a look? The range selected for this formula to
check is B4 to AF21.

Thanks,
Clint

--