Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wild Nerd

Default Moving Average projection?

Thanks Richard for taking the time to address my problem.

If A1:A40 are my dates. A1 is yesterday and A40 is 40 business days
ago.
and B1:B40 are the closing prices for those dates.

A 2-day Average is simply =average(B1:B2), a 5-day is =Average(B1:B5)

I am a trader who wants to be long if the shorter average is above the
longer average and short if the shorter average is below the longer
average. Let's say I currently own a stock. I want my Excel worksheet
to tell me during the current day, what price needs to trade today to
put the short avg below the long avg? Eventually, that day's data
will be placed into cell B1 after B1-B40 is Ctrl C, arrow down, CTRL
V'd.

--
Wild Nerd
Wild Nerd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32633