Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BigPig

Default How do I link mulitple drop down boxes together?

Hi Misty,

If I understand your question:
Row 1 has headings for: Wood Types, 1-11 and so on
Where column A is for Wood Types, Column B is for prices on "1-11", and so on.

And you want to be able to match a Wood type, against '1-11' etc... in order
to get the appropriate price? Right?

There are several ways to do this, this is just one:

Same as before, your rows and columns of data need to be sorted in ascending
order. Meaning, Wood Types have to be in ascending order, as well as '1-11,
100-249' etc...

In spreadsheet1 column A put in 'Wood Types', and in ascending order the
'WoodTypes'. In column b put it '1-11' and all of the prices down that
column, and then in column c, put in '100-249' etc...

For this example using the information you provided, select cell a16, go
into data validation, allow list, highlight the range of woodtypes. Now
select b16, and do the same for the column headings of '1-11' '100-249' ,
data validation, etc..

In cell c16 put in:
=INDEX(A1:F7,MATCH(A16,A1:A7),MATCH(B16,A1:H1))

Where A1:F7 is the range that you want to index, A16 contains the value of
the Woodtype, and B16 contains the '1-11' etc. The first match in the INDEX
formula is looking for the row number, and the second the column number. Note
I only used the info that you gave me, so I am sure that there is a lot more.
So the cells that I selected as an example, you will probably have to put
somewhere else. Nonetheless, the process is the same.

I hope that this answers your question. Again, there are many different ways
to handle this, this is just one.