Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams

Default formula calculation

I see two possible solutions:

- use iteration (I do NOT recommend this, Excel Iterative calculations
should only be handled using a very long pole)

- 'unwind' the circular calculation by calculating interest on cash position
before tax, then calculating tax and cash position after tax etc.

regards
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Excel GuRu" wrote in message
Is there a way to setup multiple formulas so they calculate in a specific
order?

I have a complicated financial model that we use for budgetting. After we
change assumptions, we get errors in our formulas. What we have to do, is
trace the cells back to the error (using the auditing tools) and delete
the
formula calculating the error and then undo the deletion. Only trouble
is,
you have to do that many times to get everything calculating properly.

Problem is created by the following: we are trying to calculate net
income
after tax. We need to calulate interest income(expense) based on the
monthly
cash position which in some cases is calculated on the cash position after
the tax payment. Only trouble is, tax is calculated on net income before
tax, which is after interest income. Understand the dilemma? I'm hoping
somebody has a solution they could suggest.