Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Default YACFQ - Yet Another Conditional Formatting Question...

Oops!

Missed this portion:

What would the Conditional Formatting be if I wanted H15 to be left
uncoloured if there is no value, red if the value is below 75 and green if
75 or above?

Condition 1
Formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(H15),H15<0.75)
Set color to RED

Condition 2
Formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(H15),H15=0.75)
Set color to GREEN

Biff

"Pheasant PluckerŪ" wrote in message
Hi Biff,

No...no other conditions at all...

No formula in the cell either...wait a minute...would it matter if the
Format Cells/Number is set for a Percentage?
.
.
.
.
Yup...that's it...if I set it to a number it works as you guys thought it
would.

OK...how's about my setting it to a number instead of a percentage?

Or what should the formula be if I left it as a percentage?

<mind racing away here

What would the Conditional Formatting be if I wanted H15 to be left
uncoloured if there is no value, red if the value is below 75 and green if
75 or above?

Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks & regards,
-=pp=-

"Biff" wrote in message
Hmmm.....

Do you have any other conditions? Condition 2 and/or condition 3?

If this is the ONLY condition it should work!

Biff

"Pheasant PluckerŪ" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick reply Biff.

Did I miss something here or was my original post not as clear as it
should
have been...

I tried your formula but even though at rest the cell is clear (good)
if

enter 75 or above the Cell is still red (bad)?

I only want it to change to Red if below 75 - if 75 or above I do not

want
to colour it - just leave it as a normal cell...

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
-=pp=-

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

Just a little tweak is all you need.

Use the Formula Is option
Formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(H15),H15<75)

Biff

"Pheasant PluckerŪ" wrote in message
I'll never get the hang of this...:-(

I had a similar problem recently that was solved in this ng (Thanks
Dave:-)
but have a related problem that I thought I could solve by applying

the
same
logic - alas it was not meant to be for me :-(

I want to use Conditional Formatting to achieve the following - if

the
value
in Cell H15 is lower than 75 then colour it red.

This I can achieve quite easily by using the following in Condition

1:

If Cell Value is Less Than 75 then Format Pattern Red

However I do not want the cell to be coloured Red if there is no

value
in
there at all - I only want to be able to turn the cell red after I

have
input the value and that value is less than 75

Obviously I need to test for input in H15 prior to checking if it is
below
75 and invoking the colour change if it is - leaving no change if it
has
no
value or is 75 or above.

I have tried using a COUNTA but cannot seem to get it to work.

Can some kind soul help me out on this one (again) please?

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-