Dave Peterson

These objects float over the worksheet cells in a separate layer.

If you really want to use a cell, you could look at Data|Validation, but you
won't get that same multi-column effect within the combobox. But you could
concatenate your range:

=a1&" "&b1&" "&c1

But that looks pretty ugly, too.

You saw the Font property. Double click on it and you'll see a familiar dialog.

Tom wrote:

Dave:

Never mind... I think I got it. After I closed the file and reopened it,
the combo worked fine.

Just one more question though. Right now, the Combo Box is "floating"
around on Sheet1 (even though it's locked in its position).

Instead of placing it ontop of A1, is there a way to actually have cell A1
turned into a combo box?

Finally, how to I change the FontSize property. I didn't see it listed in
the Properties nor could I actually change it from the Excel toolbar.

--
Thanks,
Tom

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I don't open attachments or download files.

But I put a list of stuff on Sheet2 in A1:C10.

I added a combobox from the control toolbar to sheet1.

While still in design mode, I rightclicked on the combobox and selected
properties.

Look for ColumnCount. I used 3.
(you may want to play around with the ColumnWidths property later)

Look for LinkedCell. I typed in: A1 (on sheet1)

Look for ListFillRange. I typed in: sheet2!a1:c10

Then in B1, I used this formula:
=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:C10,2,FALSE))
In C1:
=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:C10,3,FALSE))

Notice the =vlookup() range is the same as the ListFillRange.

And one more property to change:
look for: Style. I used fmStyleDropDownList
That means I can't type something in that isn't on the list.

After you get the basics running, take a closer look at all those
properties.
(Save your workbook before you break anything, though!)

Tom wrote:

I have seen a spreadsheet that has a drop-down box (combo box). When
being
clicked on, it shows data in multiple columns. When selecting a value
from
any of the default values, their associated information is automatically
placed into adjacent cells.

Pls see http://www.microsheet.com/Downloads.htm and download the Time &
Expense Manager example. On the INVOICE tab, you'll see combos under
Task
Description. I'm trying to built such drop-down menu.

How can I create such drop-down menu from which I select a value and a
few
other columns are automatically filled?

Tom

--