Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to insert line of text on other worksheet depending upon result in a cell?

Hi

Try this:
=IF(Other!E34="Y","Training Issue","")

Andy.

"Pheasant PluckerŪ" wrote in message
Hi there,

I have asked this question before but was hoping I might be able to
achieve
this by using a formula without a macro being involved!

I have a spreadsheet made up of 5 worksheets and I would like to insert a
line of text on the worksheet called Percentages if a specific condition
is
met on another worksheet called Other.

For example on Other I currently have a Data Validation box in E34 where I
can choose Y, N or N/A and depending upon the result enters a 1 in the
adjacent cell F34 or leaves it blank.

That current formula on Other is =IF(E34="Y",1,"") which works as
expected.

I would however like to insert a line of text 'Training Issue' into the
Percentages worksheet at say I41 if Y is selected in Other E34

I have tried entering the following formula in Percentages I41 but it
doesn't work - obviously my logic is flawed.

=IF(Other!E34=0,"",(IF(Other!E34=Y,"Training Issue"))

That is the best I can come up with and it is obviously wrong so can some
kind soul help please?

--
Thanks in advance & regards,
-=pp=-