Tom

Dave:

Thanks for your reply... this seems very promising... unfortunately, I
believe I'm missing something here.

I believe I followed all of your instructions. I found all the properties
and entered your suggested data/values.

Now, in Sheet1, the combo box (which I added from the Control Toolbox is
"free-floating" on Sheet1. At this time when I click on the combo, I still
the arrowed-crossed and 6 "circles". Although I closed the Control Toolbox
window, it appears that I'm still in some design mode.

Also, in the formula bar, I see the following:
"=EMBED("Forms.ComboBox.1","").

Again, clicking on the combo right now does not bring up any values that I
entered in A1:C10 on Sheet2.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Thanks,
Tom

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I don't open attachments or download files.

But I put a list of stuff on Sheet2 in A1:C10.

I added a combobox from the control toolbar to sheet1.

While still in design mode, I rightclicked on the combobox and selected
properties.

Look for ColumnCount. I used 3.
(you may want to play around with the ColumnWidths property later)

Look for LinkedCell. I typed in: A1 (on sheet1)

Look for ListFillRange. I typed in: sheet2!a1:c10

Then in B1, I used this formula:
=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:C10,2,FALSE))
In C1:
=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:C10,3,FALSE))

Notice the =vlookup() range is the same as the ListFillRange.

And one more property to change:
look for: Style. I used fmStyleDropDownList
That means I can't type something in that isn't on the list.

After you get the basics running, take a closer look at all those
properties.
(Save your workbook before you break anything, though!)

Tom wrote:

I have seen a spreadsheet that has a drop-down box (combo box). When
being
clicked on, it shows data in multiple columns. When selecting a value
from
any of the default values, their associated information is automatically
placed into adjacent cells.

Pls see http://www.microsheet.com/Downloads.htm and download the Time &
Expense Manager example. On the INVOICE tab, you'll see combos under
Task
Description. I'm trying to built such drop-down menu.

How can I create such drop-down menu from which I select a value and a
few
other columns are automatically filled?

Tom

--