Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Default I have almost 25,000 rows of data and I'm a little scared LOL

should read
then after entering the formula into E2: =C2/B2 and then
typing E2:E25000 into the name box to the left of the address bar
then use the shortcut Ctrl+D

--
---
HTH,

"David McRitchie" wrote in message ...
You would probably find it faster to locate the last row, ctrl+End
should help with that. then after entering the formula into E2
as described or something that ignores division by zero you
could copy it down by typing E2:E25000 (if that is then last cell wanted)
then use the shortcut Ctrl+D

More information on use of the fill handle and use of Ctrl+D
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

If Ctrl+End took you way beyond your actual data you might want to
fix that see the macro (don't do it manually) at
Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, contextures.com, Debra Dalgleish

As far as the macro supplied earlier, if you still don't know how to install
a macro see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
you would need to install a macro if your last cell is way beyond your
data and you want to use a macro to fix all sheets at once.
---
HTH,

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message ...
Select cell E2, and enter the formula: =C2/B2
Format the cell as Percent
With cell E2 selected, point to the Fill Handle -- the small black
square at the bottom right of the selection.
When the pointer changes to a small black plus sign, double-click,
to fill the formula down to the first blank row.

aaaa wrote:
Firstly I'm a total newb to excel (and access for that matter LOL)
I have almost 25,000 rows of data and I'm a little scared LOL

its a basic set up, Total, Passed, Rejected ect ect across the top with the
info below.

example...

Date Total Passed Rejected
1/2/05 123 100 23
1/4/05 324 320 4
1/6/05 97 96 1

I need a fifth column showing a percentage of passed.
but I don't know how to do this with out entering the formula 25 thousand
times :-(

Please help

Also would really love to be pointed towards an easy to understand
instruction site for access.

Thank you all,

Chad

--