Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I''m Still Here

Default Dynamic Drop Down List

Column A has a list of employees. As employees come and go, this list will
change. In C1, I need a dropdown list that will list all employees. I'm
currently using this: =A:A in the List option of Data Validation. It works,
but it it gives me "Nil" for every cell that is blank. It's too troublesome
to manually make sure there are no gaps if someone in the middle of the list
leaves. Additionally, every cell below the last entry also appears in the
dropdown list as "Nil" and since I choose the whole column, there are a lot
of them. It's ok to use B as a helper column if necessary. I want A to be
able to have blanks in the middle , but the drop down list in C1 to not
include Nil anywhere. By the way, the check box for Ignore Blank has no
effect.

Thanks,