Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default question about creating a simple drop down list

Is there something I did wrong?

Does the drop down list you created do what you want?

The other type you're describing is for a FILTER and is completely different
from a Data Validation List.

A Data Validation List is used to present the user with list of values from
which they can choose.

A FILTER does just what its name implies, it filters out all the data except
for the data that you specify.

Biff

wrote in message
ps.com...
I created a dropdown list by refering to a list in the spreadsheet then
hiding those rows. Is that the correct way to create a list? I notice
on other lists that I see there are options for "all" or "custom" etc
that mine doesn't have. Also my arrow button doesn't show unless the
cell is clicked on. Is there something I did wrong?