Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
manxman

Default Dividing by zero

In the formula cell direct no entry at all until there is a number in the
denominator cell by entering this assume the denominator cell is A1.
=if(A1="","",B1/A1).

"careyc" wrote:

I made a template where one column is to display the result of a formula
of numbers entered into other columns. The formula contains a division,
which prompts the result cell to display #DIV/0! until a number is
entered into the cell that corresponds with the denominator in the
formula. Although it doesn't affect the functionality of the template,
I don't want the result column to show #DIV/0! if the denominator cell
is blank. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Excel 2003

--