Dave Peterson

There's an option that you can set when you do a file|saveas.

File|SaveAs|Tools|General Options (xl2002+ wording)

Any chance this has been set? Although, you would have noticed it on the xl2003
pc, too.

Charlie wrote:

When copying a Excel 2003 file to a computer with Windows 95, Excel version 7
and then opening the file, I get a dialog box asking if I want to open as a
read-only file? I don't want to open it as a read-only file and I don't want
to be asked this each time. In File-Open dialog box, the read-only box is not
checked. Is there a way to get around this?

--

Dave Peterson