Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sloth

Default No reply

usually if it goes 2 days without an answer it won't hurt to repost.

to answer your original question, you might want to look at the VLOOKUP
function in the help. If I understand you correctly this will do what you
want. The

VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,ran ge_lookup)
-If you are looking up text values (the class, or race), you will need to
put FALSE in the range_lookup section. You should be able to figure out the
rest in the help.

PS - you can only have a maximum of seven nested if statements.

"Gary" wrote:

How long, about, should it take to get a reply on this site? I have had my
question up here for a couple of days and the only response I got was that it
needed to be more detailed. I replied with more detail and nothing happened.
Thoughts?