Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default Average of Last 10

To mitigate some of the apparent confusion, I emailed the OP and received the
actual scenario he is using. The range containing the values is F4:AB4, so
the column number difference between Col_A and Col_F must be accounted for.

I sent him this array formula, which I believe will work for him (I'm
waiting to hear back):
AC4:
=IF(COUNT(F4:AB4),AVERAGE(INDEX(F4:AB4,LARGE(IF(F4 :AB4<"",COLUMN(F4:AB4)-COLUMN(F4)+1),MIN(COUNT(F4:AB4),10))):AB4),"NO DATA")

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Sorry about the delay....I've been away from my PC for the last 4 hours.

I'm glad Biff jumped in here with the answer you needed.

Did the formula work for you?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"GaryC" wrote:

Well at least I got the formula pasted in, but it says it has an error.