Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Default prompt user to change source of links

Please describe the particular convention as to how the new filename is
structured each week. ........is it something like "DataFile_030306", and
"DataFile_031006", etc etc?..........something that Excel can predict based
on today's date.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bobak" wrote:

I have an Excel based reporting pack that is linked to an Excel file
containing the data for my reports. The name of the Excel data file is
changed at least twice a week and saved as a new version with a date suffix.

When i open my report file I want make the user select the most recent
version of the data file by changing links to this file and updating them. Is
there a way to do this?