Frank Kabel

Hi
but if column A contains the (unique) product name this should do. Maybe
post some example rows of your data

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

hbpvs wrote:
Thanks, but I guess I did not explain my question clear enough.
This formula adds up the whole collumn B or 0, I only want to sum all
figures above the cell next to where A50="Total"
or am I doing something wrong, this is my formula
=IF(A50="Total",SUMIF($A:$A,A49,$B:$B),"") results in 0
=IF(A50="Total",SUMIF($A:$A,B49,$B:$B),"") results in 2068, while the
result should be 36

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
in C2 enter
=IF(A2="Total",SUMIF($A:$A,A1,$B:$B),"")
and copy down

"hbpvs" wrote:

I want to add an auto sum in a formula that adjusts the sum-range
every time the name in the left column changes. For example cells
A1-A10 shows product A, in cell A11 Total, than cells A12-A16
product B. Column B shows the sold products but the row range for
those subtotals differs frequently. So I'm looking for something
like a formula in cell C10 If(a10="Total", autosum(b1:b9),b10),
this autosum-range automatically to be adjusted. I know how to do
this in VB but can I also put this in a formula.