Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pheasant PluckerŪ

Default Adding a blank in Data Validation List?

Hello again Dave,

When it is in Tablet mode the screen turns through 180 degrees and then
folds down flat and is locked over the keyboard...only the stylus can be
used for input.

The idea was for me to make it easy on myself (being lazy?:-) so it would
actually be much easier to invoke the soft keyboard using the usual 6-tap
operation rather than taking the TabletPC out of the sleeve, unlocking the
keyboard, swivelling the keyboard, hitting the delete key and then reversing
the procedure would be counter-productive to say the least! ;^) <ducking

Much quicker while running through the spreadsheet to tap the stylus on the
List box and select the elusive blank...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=pp=-

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Can you just hit the delete key to clear the contents? (I've never used a
tablet pc.)

"Pheasant PluckerŪ" wrote:

Hi there,

I have a spreadsheet with some cells setup with a drop-down list

containing
Y, N or N/A

This is being used on a TabletPC but if I make a mistake or need to

change
back to a blank field I have to invoke the soft keyboard, activate the

cell
and hit backspace then close the soft keyboard - quite a long-winded
procedure just to change an incorrect choice!

What I would like to do is add a blank to the list so if I have to

revert
back to a blank I can just use the stylus to choose a blank from the

chooser
list.

How do I add the option of inputting a blank from the Data Validation

List
bearing in mind I am using the Data Validation Source box for entering

my
choices directly and not specifying a range of cells?

I have tried adding "" and even a space to no avail.

Although not a betting man I would wager there is a simple 'fix' for

this
but things are only simple if you know how in the first instance! ;^)

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-

--