Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pheasant PluckerŪ

Default Adding a blank in Data Validation List?

Hi there,

I have a spreadsheet with some cells setup with a drop-down list containing
Y, N or N/A

This is being used on a TabletPC but if I make a mistake or need to change
back to a blank field I have to invoke the soft keyboard, activate the cell
and hit backspace then close the soft keyboard - quite a long-winded
procedure just to change an incorrect choice!

What I would like to do is add a blank to the list so if I have to revert
back to a blank I can just use the stylus to choose a blank from the chooser
list.

How do I add the option of inputting a blank from the Data Validation List
bearing in mind I am using the Data Validation Source box for entering my
choices directly and not specifying a range of cells?

I have tried adding "" and even a space to no avail.

Although not a betting man I would wager there is a simple 'fix' for this
but things are only simple if you know how in the first instance! ;^)

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-