Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Eppley

Default what is an argument?

I was once a "new user" (20 years ago). I finally learned to hit "F1", and
type in my question. It works beautifully, and is also a great learning
tool. For example, "argument" using the HELP feature gives the
following........

The values that a function uses to perform operations or calculations. The
type of argument a function uses is specific to the function. Common
arguments that are used within functions include numeric values, text
values, cell references, ranges of cells, names, labels, and nested
functions.

Something like the answer your kids give you when you ask them to clean
their room.

HTH John