Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How do I print comments on a chart?

See responses in line...

I am using your instructions (AddLineVertERRBar)
and have a couple of questions:

1. you mention, "If the X values are text categories, you should enter the
number "i" to have your indicator line fall on the "i"th column...." I
don't
understand that at all. My X axis is in months (Jan, Feb, Mar). What do
you
mean by "i"? Please help.

If your X values are text categories, such as "Red", "Orange", "Yellow",
etc., you need to use the index of the category item in the list. For
example, to line up with "Orange" in this sample list, use i=2 (1="Red",
2="Orange", 3="Yellow").

Are your months actual month names, as in "Jan", "Feb", "Mar", or are you
using a time scale axis that's displaying these months for X values of
dates. In other words, what exactly is your X data like?

2. When I add XY data, it is plotted, but NOT where I want the indicator
line to be. And I also noticed in your example that YOUR indicator line
that
should be at 11/9/02 is NOT at that point - it is at a different point
along
the X axis. How do I get my indicator line to be exactly where I want it
be?

When I finally finished formatting the axes and removing the axis I didn't
need, the line did in fact line up with 11/9/02. Earlier in the process it
lined up with 11/9/02 on the top (secondary) axis, but also with
"mid-morning" on 11/11/02 on the bottom (primary) axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______