Patrick G

I like this formula, but I have never seen the "--" notation before. What is
this used for? Somehow it changes the formula to a numeric output? Please
explain.. for these curious people!

Thanks,
Patrick G

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

One way

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200="One"),--(B2:B200="Two"),--(C2:C200<DATE(2004,12,1)))

this assumes that One and Two are alone in their cells and not part of a
larger text string and that the dates in C (or whatever column holds the
dates) are real dates and not text

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"shmurphing" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to performt he following?

I want to count the cells in column A that contain the word "One" and then
count the cells in column B that ALSO contain the word "Two" and then count
the cells the ALSO are less than a specific date. The count at the end will
indicate that the row had one, two, and was less than dec 1, 2004.

Help!