Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sloth

Default beyond 30 days is problem

=INT(A1)&":"&TEXT(A1,"hh:mm")

for some reason you can't show elapsed days in Excel. "d" returns the day
of the month (395.5 is equal to January 29th, 1901). You will have to use
the above formula or daddylonglegs' formula. The result of both will be a
text string.

"Todd F." wrote:

I am not getting proper days after 29 - and if I format

dd:hh:mm ddd:hh:mm
395.5 29:12:0 Tue:12:00

any thoughts

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Hi Todd,

Excel stores dates and times as numbers (1 equals one day) too.
Just format Custom as d:hh:mm and you get waht you require

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Todd F." wrote in message ...
I have a number coming otu in decimal form representing days

.25, .5, 1.25 1.5, 100.5, 368.75, it can be anything up to about 3 years.

I need to convert to Dayss:Hrs:minutes ddd:hh:mm

so 1.5 would be 1:12:00
1.25 would be 1:06:00
368.75 would be 368:18:00

If something is 29 days, 23 hrs, & 50 minutes that is important to my world

Hey thanks for your time

Todd