Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Default remove excel hotkey?

What application are you entering your email address into. This is an Excel newsgroup
and you usually need more than just letters to imitate a hotkey.

Is Excel running or not before you enter your keys. Check your task manager to
make sure. (Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Task manager)

Does this happen from notepad, your browser (Internet Explorer or ...?), MS Word

Did you install any software yourself to help with shortcuts, or expanding words or
phrases from an abbreviation.

--
---
HTH,

"Excel Hot Key setup - removal" wrote in message
Usually when I type my email address, staring with the letters 'kge' it seems
to activate Excel.

"Excel Hot Key setup - removal" wrote:

My Dell laptop seems to have a hotkey setup to activate Excel. How can I
remove this?