Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Corey

Default External Link - Conditional

I have a workbook that has external links. Except that it's a
sumif(external,internal,external) type formula. I have no problem clicking
'Update Links' in other workbooks and it will give me live information, yet
in this particular one, I have to manually go open the workbook for it to
update. Is there a limitation to the auto update due to it being in a formula
instead of just grabbing an exact value from an external? It's referencing 12
workbooks and it can be quite time consuming to open and close them all.
Thanks!