Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Default date in scatter chart excel 2003

Dave
It sounds like you have a format issue so that Excel is not recognizing your
dates properly.

As you know, Excel treats dates as days from jan 1, 1900. the fact that you
are getting 1900 in both XY and Line (time-scale) charts says points to the
date format.

I have run into this when I import date data from Access. it looks just like
a date, however, Excel doesn't recognize it as date.

Does Excel let you reformat your dates? If no, then dates may be in text
format. You can use DateValue function to convert text in form of dates to
date serial number.

....Kelly

"dboudry" wrote in
message ...

Hey all,

I'm having problems with dates in scatter charts in excel 2003. All
dates appear in the year 1900. When I choose any other chart type,
this works fine, but I definitly need to use scatter chart. When I
select line chart and change the X Aces value in the chart options to
Time-scale, I get the same result as in a scatter chart (year 1900).
In excel XP(2002), this works fine. Does anyone have a solution to
this issue?

regards,
Dave.

--