Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

Default Yearly total average?

"Tammy" wrote in message
I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running
average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they
only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

If your monthly attendance figures are in column B, starting in B1, your
running average formula can be =AVERAGE(B$1:B1) in the January row, which
when you copy it down the column will be =AVERAGE(B$1:B4) by the time you
get to April, for example.
--
David Biddulph