Sandy Mann

"Max" wrote in message
Try: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"6"),"Warning","")

That may very well be what the OP wanted ie give a warning if there are more
than 6 different values. I read it differently in that I thought the OP
wanted a warning when the count of the numbers of any one value was greater
than 6 ie say 7 number 10's.

=IF(MAX(COUNTIF(A1:A1000,ROW(INDIRECT("1:100")))) 5,"Warning","")

which is an array formula - entered with Control + Shift + Enter

Or I thought it was just possible then he may have meant any value was
higher than 6 in which case it would be:

=IF(MAX(A1:A1000)6,"Warning","")

Between the three surely we have the answer somewhere <g

Regards

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Max" wrote in message
Try: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"6"),"Warning","")

--
Rgds
Max

Adam1 Chicago wrote in message
If I have a column of numbers ranging from 0 to 100, what function can I

use
to say in a single cell: "if any value in the column is greater than 6,
return "WARNING", otherwise return nul". Thank you