Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Default converting Time to units

hellZg8 Wrote:
our company works with iso standards.we need to put in our start time
and
finished time ( in 24 hour format ). The shifts start at 06:00 and
finishes
at 18:00, but this is when the next shift starts 18:00 to 06:00.

A1=Start Time B1= Finished Time C1 = Actual Time
23:00 01:24 2.4

iso standards 1 unit = 6 minutes

i found one thread that show this formulaa which works up to midnight
but
after that it don't

=Round((A1-B1)*24,2)

any help on this matter or any direction is greatly appreciated and
Thank
You in advance.

Do you need the result rounded to the nearest 6 minutes? If so you need
to round to 1 decimal place not 2. You can use this formula

=ROUND(MOD(B1-A1,1)*24,1)

alternatively, if all your start and end times are always shown in 6
minute increments then the rounding is superfluous, just use

=MOD(B1-A1,1)*24

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486